Other Family Issues

Other family law cases include adoptions, paternity, name change, child custody, and annulment.

  • Adoptions are confidential. All papers and records pertaining to the adoption, including the original birth certificate, are confidential and subject to inspection only upon order of the court.
  • Paternity cases can be filed by any woman who is pregnant or has a child, any man who has reason to believe that he is/is not the father of a child, or any child may bring proceedings in the circuit court to determine the paternity of the child when paternity has not been established by law or otherwise.
  • Name changes for adults or minor children
  • Annulment of a marriage
  • Termination of parental rights proceedings pursuant to Section 63.087, Florida Statutes
  • Emancipation removal of non-age
  • Add termination of parental rights and emancipation

Delayed Birth Certificates

For persons who have never had a birth certificate issued: They must provide proof that a birth certificate has never been issued (the Clerk’s Office will provide a card to mail to vital statistics upon request), and the person must show proof of age. The following may be used as proof of age (including but not limited to):

  • Family Bible
  • School Records
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Affidavit of Attending Physician, Midwife or Person Who Attended Birth
  • Voters Registration
  • Social Security Application
  • Birth Certificate of Petitioners Child
  • Application for Marriage License
  • Insurance Policy
  • Census Records
  • Military Service Records

The judge will decide if proof of age has been established.

Self-Help Family Law Forms

Self-help forms are available for those who wish to represent themselves in the following civil proceedings. These forms are available for purchase in the Juvenile Courthouse first floor Family Law office or from the Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure website.

Packet Name