The Bay County Clerk’s Office accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. U.S. citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports weekly Monday through Friday at the Bay County Clerk’s office 300 E 4th Street Room 101, Panama City, Florida 32401. Please call our office at 850-747-5100 option 3 for information and to set an appointment.

DS-11 passport applications are accepted between the hours of 8:00am – 11:30am and 1:30pm – 3:30pm. Appointments are preferred to avoid wait times, however, walk ins are accepted with completed applications, proof of citizenship, proof of identification and the application fee payable to U.S. Department of State ($100.00 under the age of 16) and $130.00 (ages 16 and above)which must be paid by personal check, money order or cashier’s check. Additional $60.00 fee due for expedited service and an optional $19.53 (1-2 day return service) on expedited passports only.

The Clerk of Court is due the following fees which can be paid by cash, credit (subject to 3.5% processing fee or by check (subject to $3.00 processing fee): Passport acceptance fee of $35.00, Passport Photo Fee of $15.00 (effective 4-1-2024), Passport Priority Mail Fee shipping fee of $9.85 (effective 4-1-2024) (which is subject to change by the USPS)

Please complete your passport application prior to your appointment time by visiting and choose the application that meets your needs. Please print the application and bring to your appointment along with your proof of citizenship, picture identification and required methods of payment. A passport picture is also required. The Bay County Clerk’s office does provide this service if needed.

Please read below for specific information regarding passport issuance, passport fees, and documents needed

Passports are issued by the U.S. Department of State.

Passport Card

Customers have the option of applying for a passport book, a passport card or both. The passport card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. The passport card will provide a less expensive, smaller and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations.

For more information about the difference between the passport book and passport card, please see “Should I get a passport book or card?” from the Department of State.

New Applicants

You must apply in person and complete the Passport Application Form DS-11 if any of the following are true:

  • You have never had a U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent passport was lost or stolen

All applicants, including children, must apply in person and bring the following documents:

Proof of Citizenship – Provide one of the following:

  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Certified copy of your birth certificate (must have names of both parents)
  • Certificate of Naturalization

Proof of Identity – Provide one of the following:

  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Valid Driver’s License (A temporary license does not meet this requirement)
  • State Identification Card
  • Certificate of Naturalization

The Clerk’s office will offer passport photos on site for an additional cost.

Note: Payments to the Department of State must be made by personal check, cashier’s check or money order ONLY (no cash or credit cards). A separate application fee to the Clerk & Comptroller’s office may be paid by cash, personal check, cashier’s check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover.

*If a customer’s passport has been expired for LESS than five years, the passport must be renewed by mail. Customers whose passports have been expired for MORE than five years must reapply in person and may use the expired passport as proof of citizenship and identification.

Passport Renewal (By Mail)

All Passport renewals require the completion of Form DS-82. You may renew your passport by mail if:

  • You hold a passport and it is not more than 5 years past the date of expiration and not more than 15 years since being issued.
  • You were at least 16 years of age when it was issued.


  • Complete, sign and mail Form DS-82.
  • Include your most recent passport with two new passport photos.
    • If the name you are using differs from the name on your most recent passport, you must
      • Submit a certified copy of the marriage certificate or
      • Certified copy of Court order showing the change.
  • If your passport is mutilated or damaged, you must
    • Use the DS-11 application form and
    • Apply in person at one of the acceptance agencies with a certified copy of your birth certificate (must have the names of both parents on it).

Passport Reapplication

If your most recent passport was issued less than 1 year ago, use DS-5504 form for the following:

  • Change of name
  • Correction of descriptive date
  • Extend the validity of a Limited Passport


  1. Complete, sign and date the Reapplication Form DS-5504.
  2. Mail your application to one of the addresses listed on page 2 of the DS-5504 form.

Note: There is no fee if your passport was issued less than 1 year ago, unless you request expedited processing.

If your most recent passport was issued more than 1 year ago AND you have the passport, use Form DS-82.


  1. Complete, sign and mail your application to the address listed on the back of the DS-82 form.
  2. Include the appropriate payment/fee.

If your most recent passport was issued more than 1 year ago AND you do not have the passport, use DS-11 form.


  1. Complete the DS-11 form
  2. Bring it to an acceptance agency for processing.

Applications for Minors

Children under age 16 (For new and renewal passports). Minors must be present when applying.You must complete the New Applicant DS-11 form and include:

  1. Proof of Citizenship
    • Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state (must have the names of both parents on it)
    • Certificate of Naturalization
  2. Proof of Identity
    • Previous U.S. Passport
    • Certificate of Naturalization
    • Government issued identification card

Both parents must appear together to sign the application DS-11 form, or one parent must be present to sign the application, and the absent parent MUST submit a completed and notarized “Statement of Consent” Form DS-3053 AND a photocopy (front and back) of their ID. The notarized consent form cannot be more than three months old.

For more information on obtaining passports for minors, see the Department of State website.


See Service Charges & Fees

How Long Passports Are Valid

Adults (16 years of age and older) – Ten (10) years
Children (15 years and younger) – Five (5) years

Passport Processing – Time Requirements

Please consult for the most up-to-date processing times.

To check the status of your Passport Application:

  • Call 1-877-487-2778 from 6:00a.m. – Midnight EST, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays), or
  • Check online at
  • If you are traveling within 9 weeks, you must make an appointment at the nearest Passport Agency by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
  • If you are traveling within 13 weeks, the Department of State strongly recommends that you request and pay for Expedited Service. For current expedited service fees, see Passport Fees & Costs.

For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, visit the only official website for passport information: